Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Review: Oxford and Hyde Park Popeye's


It was a bleary 4/20 when I was on the trusty 19 Oakridge on the way to work. Next to a vacant lot at the corner of Oxford and Hyde Park there was a sign announcing that a Popeye's was coming soon. I proclaimed on Facebook that this was a 4/20 miracle! Well this sign sat next to a vacant concrete block for months...Months! before there was any sign of construction, finally this fall construction started, and the grand opening was right before Christmas. I finally went today, and I hate to say this but it was kind of "meh"


Things started off kind of sour when they wouldn't accept my coupon. Fair enough the coupon said it was only good at the other locations in the city and not this one. I wasn't about to make a stink about it because that aint my style. Perhaps it was the time of day I went (2:30 in the afternoon), maybe it was because I wasn't stoned, but I wasn't too impressed. I ordered my usual, 4 piece Spicy with Fries. My main beef was everything I ordered had clearly been sitting under the heat lamp since the lunch hour rush. One of my pieces of chicken had some kind of tumour on it, that being said I still ate it all. I'm willing to give this location another chance, because it's still Popeye's and it's still delicious. This location is the #2 location in town. The best being Wellington and Southdale, the worst being Dundas and Clarke in shitty east London. You have to strap on a bullet proof vest and take a 2 Dundas bus (ew) to Argyle Mall (double ew), they gave me mild instead of Spicy, which was a bit of a piss off.

I'm going to Boss Hog's Smokin' Chop House with some boys from work tomorrow, so I will post a review on that. I'm drinking tonight so I might post later on, my twitter feed should be interesting too, follow me @didhenley

No comments: