Thursday, March 27, 2014

REVIEW: Tim Horton's Crispy Chicken Sandwich


I take the shitty bus home from work, the shame train if you will, and tonight I missed my transfer, so instead of standing around for 28 minutes like an asshole waiting for the next one I went to Tim Horton's and tried their new Crispy Chicken Sandwich, and to my surprise it was very good.  Tim Horton's kind of went towards the fast food route with this, differing from the usual soups and sandwiches they offer, and I would have to say that this is one of the best things they've come out with in a while.


It's really just a basic chicken sandwich, I think sometimes less is more and simple things end up tasting the best. The chicken itself was very good, it was well seasoned, it had a nice peppery kick to it, and although I don't mind greasy it was not greasy at all. The only shitty thing on it was tomato, I have a love/hate relationship with tomatoes, and peeled them off after one bite. It also has mayo, you can't have a chicken sandwich with out mayo! They don't put much mayo on it, but there was just enough that I got some in my beard and must've looked like I had some 'other' white liquid there... and I didn't notice it was on my face until about 15 minutes later.   The real winner though is the bun, with burgers and sandwiches the bun always makes it, if it's a shitty bun chances are it will be a shitty sandwich.  At $6.49+tax it comes with a donut and a drink...since coffee makes me jittery and gives me a tummy ache I went for a 7UP, so the price isn't too bad.  I think they had a soup combo for around $8.25 or something.  By the way that donut was amazing... holy fuck, it had caramel in the middle and little crunchy Skor Bar things on top, it was the best donut I have had from Horton's in ages.  All in all I would definitely order it again, I am glad Timmies is stepping up their food game, now if they work on their wait times for food, and their horrendously awful commercials they'd be set. 

2 comments:

R. I. Brown said...

Tomato underneath the chicken?! Now I've seen everything!

Unknown said...

Great review. Agree about tomatoes. Only good if they're fresh and juicy. Usualy old and mealy. Take them off too. Harveys tomatoes are allways good.