Saturday, March 15, 2014

Big Brother Canada 2 Week 1 Thoughts


I apologize for the lateness of this post, I didn't do this after the show on Thursday and then last night I went to a hockey game with my buddy and then out drinking.  I rolled out of bed at the crack of noon today and I'm slighty hungover and have dragging my ass this afternoon, I'll try to have these up sooner in the coming weeks....I probably won't but I will try.  Anyways, Kyle was given the boot this week, and surprise surprise it was almost unanimous, only his boy Adel voted to keep him in, what a bunch of sheep the people in this house are.  I was pretty disappointed to see him go.  At first I thought he was pretty cocky and a meathead, but the "Emotion Scotian" seems like a good guy, we all saw that with the comments he made when he left the house, and when he was interviewed on the after show.  His problem was he was a part of the nerd herd with Adel and Paul who are house outcasts at this point, and the powers that be felt that he was a threat to their game.


Speaking of Paul doesn't he kind of look like Uncle Phil??  Paul has really annoyed me so far, even the sound of his voice gets on my nerves, and he is a motivational speaker??  No wonder the Veto competition was spread over two episodes with his belly-aching over his fear of heights.  Don't get me wrong I am no fan of Andrew (more on that later) but accusing someone of being a sexist and racist as a strategy is pretty fucking brutal, that could affect his life outside of the show... as we all saw with houseguests from the most recent season of Big Brothers USA.  At least they made it clear that Andrew really wasn't a racist.  I do feel a little bad for him, it must be tough to be a complete outcast from the rest of the house, but he really brought it on himself.


While Andrew didn't deserve to be called a sexist and racist by Paul, the guy is a clown show.  Jon said it right when he said that "He's not a tool, he's a box full of tools, he's a toolbox".  Right now the guy is walking around like his shit don't stink, classic HOHitis, plus everyone in the house (beside the Nerd Herd) are all sucking up to him.  Those 4 girls snuggling in the bed with him was cringe worthy to see, and Sabrina washed his feet for christs sake.  But the so called "First 5 alliance" of Andrew, Kenny, Sabrina, Arlie and Sarah looks pretty solid so far, and it looks like Kenny and Andrew have a final 2 deal, and they seem to be running the show now.  If Ika was smart she would pull a power move as HOH and put up Andrew and Kenny, but I think she will take the easy road and go after Paul and Adel.



I was pleasantly surprised that Alison got voted into the house.  Like I said in this spot last week I thought for sure the Drag Queen was going to get put in... it certainly wasn't going to be 'Nate the Great', what a bore he was, a cardboard box has more personality than he does.  Besides his family and friends I doubt he got a single vote.  Alison risks instant eviction if she tells anyone about the secret room... if that were me I'd be terrified, I have such a fucking blabbermouth, I'd probably accidentally spill the beans within the first 6 hours of being in the house.  I am going to sound like a major dork here, but there was a strong twitter movement to get Alison in the house, all the old houseguests from both the American and Canadian versions that I follow were all pushing for her to get in over Scott, and everyone was pretty happy when she got in.  I liked how she played it too claiming she just walked in the show, and that she was surprised the rest of them had already been in the house for 2 weeks.  She's a Newfie too which makes her even better.

Other Random Thoughts:

If you're not watching the Big Brother After Show after the Thursday eviction you should be.  They have actually been hilarious.  Gary and Peter got on my nerves at times last season, but they both are pretty funny when they rip into the current houseguests.  They also had a montage of the houseguests farting.... yeah I am juvenile I thought it was hilarious. Gary however dresses like a 70 year old woman during the shows.  J-U-Double D Party Dardy himself even made an appearance when he asked a question to the 3 houseguests that were in isolation. 

Jon might be my favourite houseguest so far, he is such a Newfie Hoser, I expect him to say "out for a rip are ya bud?" at any moment.  Even though I was born and raised in Hamilton Ontario, and have never been to Newfoundland, I consider myself a Newfie, my Mom and my aunt and uncles were all born in Newfoundland, so I am always going to root for the Newfies in the house.  Why is his arm in a sling though?  You'd think they'd explain that.

Arisa Cox needs to take a page from my girl Julie Chen's book during the competitions.  A couple of times during the HOH competition she needed the Chenbots assertiveness when the houseguests were taking forever to make an answer.  JC doesn't put up with any bullshit - houseguests I need an answer NOW!!!

The internet needs to be better at photoshops for Big Brother Canada.  During the American seasons there are a ton of hilarious pictures floating around there, and I put a bunch of them on this blog, half the fun was looking for those pics.  I'm too dumb to make them myself, so someone out there needs to get their shit together and make some.

Prediction for this week:  Like I said earlier I think Ika is going to put up Adel and Paul, and that Humpty Dumpty looking fucker Paul will be shown the door.  



No comments: