Tuesday, April 09, 2013

I'm big in Germany!


Our friends in Germany have been known to like a lot of things, chocolate, bratwurst, giant beer steins, starting World Wars, and of course David Hasselhoff.  Another thing these Jerry's seem to like, for some god damned reason is my blog.  Why?  I don't have the slightest of clues.  I started this blog basically for shits and giggles, I've always enjoyed writing and this gives me something to do, I really needed another hobby other than drinking beer and going to 7-11.  For those unaware blogger.com let's you track your traffic sources, what people have entered into Google to find your site, and your page views by country.  As to be expected the vast majority of page views are Canadian, I have quite a few page views from the United States, perhaps due to all the McDonald's posts.  Recently the Germans have launched their own blitzkrieg on my blog, and there are some days where German page views outnumber Canadian ones.  Who are these krauts and why are they so interested in Big Brother Canada?  In the past week I have 163 pages views from Canada and 140 views from The Hun. Is there some hipster community in Dusseldorf that is visiting this blog ironically?? This post is laced with World War Two era jargon, but truth be told I have no issue with our German friends, they've come a long way since 1945, I love schnitzel, and spatzle and saurkraut are as good a side dish as they come, polka music still sucks though.  I just want to know who you are, why are you visiting my page?  Am I famous in Germany?  If fucking David Hasselhoff can become a national hero there, I certainly could.  Seriously though, if you're a German and are reading this, hit me up on twitter @didhenley add me to Facebook, or at the very least leave a comment.  Since I have so many German fans now, I should probably refrain from using so many World War Two era slurs, I really don't want to piss them off because as we all know.....





No comments: