Thursday, January 03, 2013

Rogers Ginger vs. Canadian Tire Guy


I watch a lot of TV, and as a result a lot of commercials. I don't hate commercials as much as my pal Corey @SuishamFan but, commercials earn the vast majority of my scorn. The top two worst Canadian TV commercial actors are the Rogers Ginger and the Canadian Tire Guy.

Rogers Ginge

This guy is an asshole to say the least. He is a smug, rich, holier than thou piece of shit. He gets a notification when his dog-walker shows up, fuck you with your dog-walkers. The absolute low-point of Rogers Ginger commercials is when he ran around the house saying, Play HERE! STOP HERE! Then lets out a "This is AWESOME!" Just thinking about that commercial makes me cringe, and it was on all the bloody time! Next time he demands to get a movie started his long-suffering wife should throw lawn darts at him instead of popcorn. All that being said he is not the worst TV Commercial Dad of all time, that title belongs to...

                                                        This Asshole


The Ned Flanders of Home Improvement polluted Canadian airwaves for 8 years...8 years!! He always stuck his nose into other peoples business, pimping the latest Motomaster Robo-Grip Pliers or Simoniz Pressure Washer, with the same smug sense of superiority which made him so smackable. "You can take this up to the cottage and wash your boat", go fuck yourself Canadian Tire Guy, not all of us have the coin to buy every single new gadget from Canadian Tire to fix up our cottages and boats. I actually ran into the actor who played him, it was 2002 and I was working the entrance kiosk at the Royal Botanical Gardens. He came up to my booth to show me his Season Pass, I let him through and about two seconds after that I recognized him as the Canadian Tire guy, I left my booth to double check and it was! I kind of wanted to say some smarmy comment, but I am sure he took enough shit.

There is many other horrible commercials out there that deserve our scorn, but there is plenty of time to discuss those in future posts. In the meantime you can hit me up on Twitter @didhenley I'd like to hear some feedback, who do you hate more the Rogers Ginge or the Canadian Tire Guy??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who is the ginger? I know he's from the Rogers Communications Commercials but I don't know his name? Anyway they "Rogers Corp" replaced him the family has a new husband/father - lol