Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Boss Hog's Smokin' Chophouse


Wow. This was the best food I have eaten in a long time. Me and a couple of guys from work have started a Wednesday tradition where we go out and eat somewhere different. Five Guys Burgers and Fries was the first spot, then we went to Mary Brown's, followed by The Early Bird. The next stop on our tour was set to be Boss Hog's, but the busy holiday season derailed that.  We've been talking about it for a couple of weeks now, getting each other hyped up, simply saying "B. Hog's" when we passed each other at work, texting each other about Pulled Pork, the whole 9. Needless to say it lived up to our lofty standards. Don't get me wrong the meals we had at those other spots were really good, but Boss Hog's was a cut above.




This was my buddy Greg aka GRGILL's app, stuffed corn bread. He was nice enough to let me to have a bite and to pretty much lick up the plate. This was amazing, it was cornbread with bacon, corn and smothered in some manner of nacho cheese sauce. Amazing! I'll have to order my own next time I go, and believe you me there will be a next time.




This was my meal. 1/3 of a rack of ribs, a 1/2 pound of pulled pork, a side of Mac & Cheese and a piece of cornbread. Everything about this was amazing. The ribs fell off the bones and the pulled pork was like butter. I decided to kick my Mac & Cheese up a notch.




I mixed in my pulled pork with my Mac & Cheese and gave it a few dashes of Hot Sauce (which by the way was pretty fucking spicy) The is was the highlight of my meal. I could have eaten a whole plate of just that. Me and that troublemaker Bobby B split another half rack of ribs, which I didn't even touch, but I have with me as left-overs. There is no doubt in my mind that I will be back.

We didn't really discuss what our next stop is going to be. I suggested Hot Italian Sandwiches of York St. I've been there before and it is very, very good. Wherever we go next I'll let you, my 4 readers of this blog know how it went.

No comments: