Friday, January 09, 2015

REVIEW: Popeyes Ghost Pepper Wings


I am not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination, but when my all time favourite restaurant Popeyes decided to make one of my all time favourite foods I thought the heavens opened up and the Gods started singing to me.  When Annie, the sweet yet sassy Popeyes Spokeswoman informed us all that she's cooked up some Ghost Peppers Wings I knew it was something I would have to try immediately.  I braved the -30 degree with the windchill weather to get the shame train up the mountain to give these wings a go.  No kind of weather can hold me back from Popeyes, it could have been a tropical earthquake for fucks sakes and I still would've gone.


I don't exercise or go to the gym, but since the Popeyes guy was named Jim that is pretty much the same thing.  Once again when it comes to anything Popeyes I was not disappointed.  Like with the Spice Box Chicken everything was made to order, unlike the regular chicken where they cook it batches at a time.  Jim informed me that it'd be 7 minutes for my wings, I didn't care... you can't rush perfection, plus at this point I could not feel my extremities due to the ridiculously cold weather, so a chance to warm up was welcome.  You got 6 wings to an order, I decided to upgrade to a combo so it came with some fries and a pop, unfortunately due to the 7 minute wait I crushed 90% of my Root Beer before my order came.  This was a mistake, I needed the Root Beer because as far as temperature hot goes, these fuckers were a solid 10/10 as they were straight out of the fryer.  As far as the spiciness goes, Annie you know I love you but the commercial was a little misleading when it comes to the spiciness.  Ghost Peppers are one of the hottest peppers in the world and the wings, while spicy for a fast food joint and slightly spicier than the regular Spicy chicken, these were not ghost pepper spicy where you start to hallucinate.  As far as spiciness in the fast food game goes, Pizza Hut Wing Street Hot are the hottest, followed by the Spicy Zinger Double Down from KFC.  Hey Popeyes, you should make something like the Double Down.... fuck I am salivating at the thought of that. My only complaint was the size of the Ranch dipping sauce, it was nearly impossible to stick the wing into them, so I just ending up dipping my biscuit into it.  I do regret getting the fries, while the fries are good I should've doubled up on the wings, as I could've crushed a dozen of those little fuckers no problem.  Will I order these again? Absolutely, and I would recommend them to anyone.

McDonald's you need to learn a thing or two from Annie and the gang at Popeyes, what the fuck have you clowns down for us recently?  As I have said a million times before quit trying to be something healthy with god forsaken salads and wraps and give us something delicious like Popeyes does, these guys want our business... do you assholes even care anymore??

No comments: