Friday, August 08, 2014

REVIEW: Arby's Beef Dip


In the world of fast food, Arby's seems to be the forgotten middle child.  The most publicity they ever got was when David Puddy would always take Elaine to dinner there on Seinfeld.  Look at their stupid mascot, a sleepy eyed fucking oven mitt!  But, there is a damn good reason Puddy always went to Arby's, it is fucking delicious.  Last weekend I went to the Richardson cottage and it is their tradition to stop in picturesque (by picturesque there was one road with a shitty strip mall, a big LCBO and a bunch of fast food joints) Lindsay, Ontario to get some delicious Arby's.  On this trip I had their Beef Dip and it was fantastic.


There was a whole perfect storm of reasons why this meal was so good, first there was excitement and happiness anticipating a weekend of cottage life, second I was fucking STARVING... aaaaaand there may have been a little bit of an outside performance enhancing influence that kick started my taste buds.  I am a big fan of beef dips, I will often order them when I am at a pub, and this beef dip was just as good as any I have had in a normal restaurant.  The sandwich was delicious, it was on nice bread, the roast beef was good, you can't go wrong with Swiss Cheese (processed or not, who gives a fuck), but the real kicker was the "Horsey" sauce, which was basically horseradish mayonnaise.  My Mom can't eat a roast beef dinner without a bit of horseradish and many others do the same, I find that practice appalling, but the horseradish mayonnaise on this beef dip really kicked up the sandwich a notch, making it even better than what it is.  Plus Arby's has seasoned curlies... who doesn't like seasoned curlies??  If you haven't thought of Arby's for a lunch choice, you should think again.  I would definitely recommend the beef deep, at about $10 after tax for a combo it's not too bad, way cheaper then what you'd pay at a normal restaurant for essentially the same thing.  Pretty much anything on the Arby's menu is worth it!

Up next for my food reviews is Memphis Fire BBQ.  I had it last night and it was unbelievably good.  Look for that blog in the next couple of days! 

No comments: